Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fun with the family!

Patrick and I have enjoyed numerous opportunities to spend time with my family. We thoroughly enjoy getting together with them while making memories! This past July, we spent the 4th and the weekend of the 13th with my family.

On the 4th, we attended the local parade. As much as I love Saukville and aad ukville, their parade needs an impworshiped rovement. A 5 minute gap every 5 minutes makes for one, long, drawn out parade. Despite the fact, my family and I always make the best of it. We cheer for EVERY float that passes by. In doing so, we get all the candy, brochures, and free food, which included beer. Yes, beer! Who gives it beer at a parade?? 

After the parade, had an amazing grill out. We enjoyed a game of bocce and Setters of Catan. We ended the day by watching fireworkse (Saukville's are better than Port's) and prancing in the yard with sparklers .

The weekend of the 13th, Pat and I joined the family camping at the annual Open Door Bible Church Campout. The campground is filled with memories that have been made over the years. This year we enjoyed swimming while jumping off the raft and catching Frisbees.  We   played Settlers, bocce, and the famous game of The King of England. We worshiped God and deepened relationships.  God brought the right people camping and He was present through conversations and songs.  The weekend always goes by too fast! 


1 comment:

  1. nice blog dear!:) I loved the beer in the parade. In fact its what Zach and I look forward to most in the parade. Not because we can drink it, but who gives out beer in a parade?! :)

    ReplyDelete