Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Pancake recipe

Today I didn't receive a call to sub, which was fine because the hubby had the day off. I decided to make him a good breakfast. I went straight to Pinterest to find a pancake recipe. I came across many recipes containing ingredients that were not in my pantry. I finally came across one that worked perfectly. The recipe is for Peanut Butter Pancakes. The recipe was easy to follow and the pancakes turned out delicious! The hubby loved them and insisted on making them again. The pancakes were dense but had such a great taste. Next time I may put chocolate chips in the batter or even top off the pancakes with Hershey's syrup instead of Maple syrup. Enjoy the recipe.
Peanut Butter Pancakes
Ingredients
  • 1 C flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 C milk
Instructions
  • In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
  • In another bowl mix together peanut butter, sugar and oil until smooth
  • Add in egg and milk.
  • Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until blended. Do not overmix.
  • Grease griddle and heat.
  • Pour batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and then flip. Cook on second side for a few more minutes.

2 comments: